We wish you a warm welcome to Brunnhóll!
Brunnhóll is affiliated to Icelandic Farm Holidays, the Region of Vatnajökull and The Icelandic Travel Industry Association.
Brunnhóll is a family-friendly and environmentally-aware guesthouse in southeastern Iceland, with the emphasis on personal service. We have accommodation for about 50 guests. Most rooms come with their own bathroom. We offer home-cooked breakfast and dinner in a bright, sunlit dining room with a view to the glaciers, as well as cooking facilities for guests. The next generation of the family lives at the neighbouring farm of Árbær, along with cows, horses, dogs and cats, providing visitors with a fascinating insight into traditional farming methods in Iceland and daily life in the country, as well as an intimate knowledge of local conditions.
We are very happy to supply our guests with all the information they need on leisure activities and places to visit in the Kingdom of Vatnajökull, the biggest ice cap in Europe. There are leaflets and other information for guests in the foyer and information folders in every room.
- Non-smoking guesthouse
- Bright and spacious rooms of hotel standard
- Certified facilities for the disabled and people with restricted mobility
- Breakfast board and buffet dinner
- Bright and comfortable lounges
- Sheltered garden with tables and benches
- Fully equipped kitchen for the use of guests
- Attached to traditional farm
- Magnificent views of the glacier
- Signposted footpaths in the neighbourhood and a walking map
- Tracks suitable for all vehicles to the glacier and shore
- Icelandic handicrafts
- WiFi internet access aswell as computer for guests
- Drinks, postcards, stamps, etc. on sale in reception
- Reception open 7.30-23.00
- Local church site
- On the main national ring road, 30 km west of Höfn
- Open 1. April - 31. October
- English and Danish spoken
We wish you a warm welcome to Brunnhóll